ChE Professor Debra Auguste is researching a different way to approach cancer treatment without taking an extreme toll on patients.
You are here
- 2005 PhD in Chemical Engineering, Princeton University
- 1999 SB in Chemical Engineering, MIT
- 2012 Presidential Early Career Award in Science and Engineering (PECASE)
- 2012 NIH Director’s New Innovator Award
- 2011 NSF CAREER Award
- 2010 Participant, National Academy of Engineering, Frontiers of Engineering Meeting
- 2010 Named 50 Most Influential African-Americans in Technology
- 2009 DARPA Young Faculty Award
- 2007 Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Program Award
- American Chemical Society
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- Materials Research Society
- P. Guo, J. Yang, D. Jia, M.A. Moses, D.T. Auguste, ICAM-1-Targeted, Lcn2 siRNA-Encapsulated Liposomes are Potent Anti-Angiogenic Agents for Triple Negative Breast Cancer, Theranostics, 6, 2016, 1-13
- D. Liu, D.T. Auguste, Cancer Targeted Therapeutics: From Molecules to Drug Delivery Vehicles, Journal of Controlled Release, 219, 2015, 632-643
- B. Wang, P. Guo, D.T. Auguste, Mapping the CXCR4 Receptor on Breast Cancer Cells, Biomaterials, 57, 2015, 161-8
- T.T. Ho, J.O. You, D.T. Auguste, siRNA Delivery Impedes the Temporal Expression of Cytokine-Activated VCAM1 on Endothelial Cells, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 2015, 1-8
- J.O. You, M. Rafat, D. Almeda, N. Maldonado, P. Guo, C.S. Nabzdyk, M. Chun, F.W. LoGerfo, J.W. Hutchinson, L.K. Pradhan-Nabsdyk, D.T. Auguste, pH-Responsive Scaffolds Generate a Pro-Healing Response, Biomaterials, 57, 2015, 22-32
- D. Almeda, B. Wang, D.T. Auguste, Minimizing Antibody Surface Density on Lipsomes While Sustaining Cytokine-Activated EC Targeting, Biomaterials, 47, 2015, 37-44
- P. Guo, J. Huang, L. Wang, D. Jia, J. Yang, D.A. Dillon, D. Zurakowski, H. Mao, M.A. Moses, D.T. Auguste, ICAM-1 as a Molecular Target for Triple Negative Breast Cancer, Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, 111(41), 2014, 14710-14715
- P. Guo, J.O. You, J. Yang, D. Jia, M.A. Moses, D.T. Auguste, Inhibiting Metstatic Breast Cancer Cell Migration Via the Synergy of Targeted, pH-Triggered siRNA Delivery and Chemokine Axis Blockade, Molecular Pharmaceutics, 11(3), 2014, 755-765
- J. You, P. Guo, D.T. Auguste, A Multi-Targeted Drug Delivery Vehicle Approach that Targets, Triggers, and Thermally Ablates HER2+ Breast Cancer Cells, Angewandte Chemie, 52(15), 2013, 4141-4146
Joined the Chemical Engineering Department in Fall 2016.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
The Chemical Engineering Department will have a strong representation at this year's 2017 Materials Research Society Fall Meeting. Northeastern faculty and students will share their work in a...
New ChE Professor Debra Auguste is studying human biology to develop better medical therapies and drug delivery methods.