The Chemical Engineering Department is a community of scholars comprised of faculty, graduate students, undergraduate students, cooperative education faculty, and staff. Our community shares a commitment to promote excellence in education and research through individual and collective responsibility for maintaining the highest expectations and standards.
The community of scholars is more than a collection of individuals. Our community provides a supportive yet challenging environment that both promotes the exchange of ideas, collaboration, learning, and individual growth & development, and rewards innovative and creative behaviors. This synergistic community engages all members in the active pursuit of academic excellence.
Faculty SpotlightDebra AugusteProfessor
Debra Auguste joins the Chemical Engineering department in Fall 2016 as a Professor. She earned her PhD in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University. Her research interests include bioresponsive drug delivery; cell and tissue engineering; tissue architecture; targeted therapeutics.
- Dr. Sumner Barenberg, January 12
- Dr. Ramin Banan Sadeghian, January 24
Chemical Engineering by the Numbers
- Published Papers in 2015: 125
- Presentations at Conferences in 2015: 245
- Undergraduate growth since 2012: 3x
- Graduate growth since 2012: 3x
- Faculty growth since 2012: 2x
- Philanthropic growth since 2012: 1,200%
- Research expenditures since 2012 up 50%