The first International Conference on Biomaterials and Chemical Biology was hosted at Northeastern University by the Department of Chemical Engineering. Collaborative research in these disciplines has the potential to advance the field of biomaterials in a unique way and lead to new discoveries for better medicines and treatments. Additionally, Xingdong Zhang, Professor and Honorary Director of the National Engineering Research Center for Biomaterials at Sichuan University, was named University Distinguished Professor by Provost James Bean and Dean Nadine Aubry.
You are here
- Y. Sun, W. Zou, S.Q. Bian, Y.H. Huang, Y.F. Tan, J. Liang, Y.J. Fan, X.D. Zhang, Bioreducible PAA-g-PEG Graft Micelles with High Doxorubicin Loading for Targeted Antitumor Effect Against Mouse Breast Carcinoma, IBiomaterials, 34(28), 2013, 6818-6828
- C.F. Tan, Z.H. Sun, Y.L. Hong, Y.Y. Li, X.S. Chen, X.D. Zhang, Reverse-Biomineralization Assembly of Acid-Sensitive Biomimetic Fibers for Hard Tissue Engineering and Drug Delivery, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 1(30), 2013, 3694-3704
- Y. Sun, Y.H. Huan, S.Q. Bian, J. Liang, Y.J. Fan, X.D. Zhang, Reduction-degradable 13 PEG-b-PAA-b-PEG Triblock Copolymer Micelles Incorporated with MTX for Cancer Chemotherapy, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 112, 2013, 197-203
- X.Q. Yang, L.Q. Guo,Y.J Fan, X.D. Zhang, Preparation and Characterization of Macromolecule Cross Linked Collagen Hydrogels for Chondrocyte Delivery, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 61, 2013 487-493
- J. Wang, H.J Zhang, X.D. Zhu, H.S. Fan, Y.J. Fan, X.D. Zhang, Dynamic Competitive Adsorption of Bone Related Proteins on Calcium Phosphate Ceramic Particles with Different Phase Composition and Microstructure, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials, 101(6) 2013, 1069-1077
Xingdong Zhang is a professor of Sichuan University, and President of the International Union of Societies for Biomaterials Science and Engineering (IUSBSE), and Honorary President of the Chinese Society for Biomaterials (CSBM). His research focuses on biomaterials and implantable medical devices for musculoskeletal system. In 1983, he was the first in China to research and develop hydroxyapatite ceramics and related synthetic bone grafts. In 1987, he was the first in China to design and develop titanium dental implants and total hip replacements with plasma-sprayed hydroxyapatite coatings. He was one of the pioneers in the world to find and confirm that porous calcium phosphates ceramics can induce bone formation in 1991. To date, three companies founded by him have obtained six Registration Certificates for Medical Devices issued by the China Food and Drug Administration. 20 series of products with over 200 different specifications have been commercialized and applied to dozens of thousand cases in near 1000 Chinese hospitals. Prof. Zhang has numerous honors and awards. He is a Member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, Foreign Member of the National Academy of Engineering, Fellow of the IUSBSE and the American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, winner of National Natural Science Award of China, National Science and Technology Progress Award of China, Outstanding Contribution Award of Science and Technology of Sichuan Province, Sharma Award from the Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs (India), Hashiguchi Lungi Fund Award (Japan), and Outstand Contribution Award (CSBM), and the 2015 Clemson Award for Applied Research (USA).