Ronald J. Willey
Department of Chemical Engineering
Office: 445 SN
- B.S. (Chemical Engineering) University of New Hampshire, 1974
- Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering) University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 1984
- Catalysis (Industrial)
- Process Safety
Prof. Willey interests centers on process safety and the integration of it into the education of chemical engineers. He is a contributor to the SACHE (Safety and Chemical Engineering Education) committee having provided over 10 teaching modules and case histories including the accident in Bhopal. He serves on a number of national committees including NFPA 45, Commonwealth Board of Registration of Engineers and Land Surveyors, and the NCEES fundamentals examination committee.
- Willey, R. J. and Shanley, E. S., "A Dust Explosion Apparatus Suitable for Use in Lecture Demonstrations," Chemical Engineering Education, Vol. 38 (3), 2004, pp. 188.
- West, A. S., Hendershot, D., Murphy, J. F. and Willey, R. J., "Bhopal’s Impact on the Chemical Industry," Process Safety Progress, Vol. 23 (4), 2004, pp. 229-230.
- R. J. Willey, "Fundamentals of Chemical Transportation with Case Histories," prepared for SACHE (Safety and Chemical Engineering Education) as a product of the AIChE-CCPS. Aug 2004, ISBN 0-8169-0956-3.
- Richter, C.; Jaye, C.; Panaitescu, E.; Fischer, D. A.; Lewis, L. H.; Willey, R. J.; Menon, L., "Effect of potassium adsorption on the photochemical properties of titania nanotube arrays,"Journal of Materials Chemistry, Vol 19, 2009, pp. 2963-2967.
- Willey, R. J.; H.S. Fogler; and M.B. Cutlip, "The Integration of Process Safety into a Chemical Reaction Engineering Course: Kinetic Modeling of the T2 Incident," Process Safety Progress, Vol 30/1, 2011, pp. 39-44.
- Willey, R. J., "Decoding Safety Data Sheets," CEP, Vol 108/6, 2012, pp. 28-31.