The Northeastern ChemE Car team placed second at the annual Eckhardt Northeast Regional AIChE Conference at UMass Amherst which qualifies them to compete at the AIChE National Conference this fall in Orlando.
You are here
- B.S. (Chemical Engineering) Northeastern University, 2004
- Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering) Northeastern University, 2011
- C. Pfluger, R. Koppes, L. Landherr, The River Project: an Open-Ended Engineering Design Challenge from Bench-Scale to Pilot-Scale, American Society for Engineering Education Annual Meeting, 2017
- A.N. Koppes, M. Kamath, C.A. Pfluger, D.D. Burkey, M. Dokmeci, L. Wang, R.L. Carrier, Complex, Multi-Scale Small Intestinal Topography Replicated in Cellular Growth Substrates Fabricated via Chemical Vapor Deposition of Parylene C, Biofabrication, 8(3), 2016, 035011
- S. Freeman, D. Goldthwaite, J. Hertz, B.K. Jaeger-Helton, J. Love, B. Maheswaran, C. Pfluger, K. Schulte-Graham, M. Sivak, C. Variawa, R. Whalen, Cranking Up Cornerstone: Lesson Learned from Implementing a Pilot with First-Year Engineering Students, American Society for Engineering Education Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, 2016
- C. Pfluger, Maximizing the Global Experience: Lessons Learned from Running a Month Long Faculty-Led Program to Brazil, American Society for Engineering Education Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, 2015
- S. Freeman, D. Goldthwaite, B.K. Jaeger-Helton, C. Pfluger, K. Schulte-Graham, R. Whalen, First-Year Student Assumptions on Diversity in Engineering Education, American Society for Engineering Education Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, 2015
- C. Pfluger, K. Schulte-Graham, Introducing Sustainability into Engineering Design: A First-Year Course, American Society for Engineering Education Annual Meeting, Indianapolis, IN, 2014
- B. McMahon, C.A. Pfluger, B. Sun, K. Ziemer, D. Burkey, R. Carrier, Photoinitiated Chemical Vapor Deposition Of Cytocompatible Poly(2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate) Films, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 201(7), 2014
Dr. Courtney Pfluger received her Bachelor’s degree from Northeastern University in 2004. She then went to work in the Biotechnology Industry, where she worked on process development of recombinant proteins from mammalian cell cultures. In 2006, Dr. Pfluger enrolled into the Chemical Engineering PhD program at Northeastern University. In the spring of 2011, she successfully defended her PhD dissertation entitled “Biomimetic Replication of Intestinal Basement Membrane Topography”.
In the fall 2011 semester, she started a new position as Assistant Academic Specialist in the College of Engineering as a Gateway Faculty with a focus on chemical engineering. As part of her appointment she will teach freshman engineering courses as well as undergraduate chemical engineering courses.
Research & Scholarship Interests
ChE PhD student Ehsan Keyvani-Someh received the NU Graduate Education Outstanding Graduate Student Award in Teaching . Ehsan has done great work assisting ChE Teaching Professor Courtney Plfuger...
ChE Assistant Teaching Professor Courtney Pfluger traveled to Brazil with 22 students for a Dialogue of Civilizations in Summer 1. The focus of this Dialogue was on Sustainable Energy and how Brazil...
125 Snell Library