The Department of Chemical Engineering is proud to announce that eight of their students have received the Northeastern University Research and Creative Endeavor Awards from the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships.
You are here
- PhD (2013) Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Biomedical Engineering
- MS (2010) Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Biomedical Engineering, area of concentration: Muscle Tissue Engineering
- BS (2008) Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Biomedical Engineering, area of concentration: Biomaterials
- American Society for Mechanical Engineers
- Biophysical Society
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- Materials Research Society
- K. Mubyana, R.A. Koppes, K.L. Lee, J.A. Cooper, D.T. Corr, The Influence of Specimen Thickness and Alignment on the Material and Failure Properties of Electrospun Polycaprolactone Nanofiber Mats, J. Biomedical Materials Research A, 107(11), 2016, 2794-2800
- A.N. Koppes, K.W. Keating, A.L. McGregor, R.A. Koppes, K.R. Kearns, A.M. Ziemba, C.A. McKay, J.M. Zuidema, C.J. Rivet, R.J. Gilbert, D.M. Thompson, Robust Neurite Extension Following Exogenous Electrical Stimulation Within Single Walled Carbon Nanotube-Composite Hydrogels, Acta Biomaterialia, 39, 2016, 34-43
- R.A. Koppes, S. Park, T. Hood, X. Jia, N. Abdolrahim Poorheravi, A.H. Achyuta, Y. Fink, P. Anikeeva, Thermally Drawn Fibers as Nerve Guidance Scaffolds, Biomaterials, 81, 2016, 27-35
- A. Canales, X. Jia, U.P. Froriep, R.A. Koppes, C.M. Tringides, J. Selvidge, C. Lu, C. Hou, L. Wei, Y. Fink, P. Anikeeva, Multimodality Fibers for In-Vivo Simultaneous Optical, Electrical and Chemical Communications with Neural Circuits, Nature Biotechnology, 33(3), 2015, 277-284
- R.A. Koppes, D.M. Swank, D.T. Corr, A New Experimental Model for Force Enhancement: Steady-State and Transient Observations in the Drosophila Jump Muscle, AJP-Cell Physiology, 2015
- S. Park, R.A. Koppes, U.P. Froriep, X. Jia, A. Harapanahalli, B. McLaughlin, P. Anikeeva, Optogenetic Control of Nerve Growth, Scientific Reports, 5(9669), 2015
- P. Anikeeva, R.A. Koppes, Restoring the Sense of Touch, Science, 350(6258), 2015, 274-275
- R. Koppes, D. Swank, et al., A New Experimental Model to Study Force Depression: The Drosophila Jump Muscle, Journal of Applied Physiology, 166(12), 2014, 1543-1550
- C. Lu, U.P. Froriep, R. Koppes, et al., Polymer Fiber Probes Enable Optical Control of Spinal Cord and Muscle Function in Vivo, Advanced Functional Materials, 24(42), 2014, 6594-6600 *Cover Art
- N. Schiele, R. Koppes, D. Chrisey, D.T. Corr, Engineering Cellular Fibers for Musculoskeletal Soft Tissues Using Directed Self-Assembly, Tissue Engineering: Part A, 19(9-10), 2013, 1223-1232
Joined the Chemical Engineering Department in Fall 2015.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
ChE Assistant Professor Ryan Koppes and his colleagues have developed a hydrogel that could one day replace sutures and help support nerve growth and regeneration.
ChE Assistant Professor Ryan Koppes was recently interviewed and featured in the Science article " For postdocs looking to break into entrepreneurship, this MIT fellowship is helping light the...