Edgar D. Goluch
- B.S. (Chemical Engineering) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2003
- M.S. (Mechanical Engineering) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2005
- Ph.D. (Bioengineering) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2007
- N.S.F. Postdoctoral Fellow Delft University of Technology, NL, 2008-2010
The primary focus of our research is the development of detection strategies that are tailored for the micro and nanoscale, with emphasis on biological systems. We work at size scales ranging from single molecules to single cells. Applications of this research range from personalized medicine to environmental monitoring. We also have expertise in electrochemistry and fabrication of integrated microfluidic systems.
- “Redox cycling in nanofluidic channels using interdigitated electrodes,” Goluch, E.D., Wolfrum, B., Singh, P.S., Zevenbergen, M.A.G., Lemay, S.G. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 394, 447 (2009).
- “Electrochemical correlation spectroscopy in nanofluidic cavities,” Zevenbergen,M.A.G., Singh, P.S., Goluch, E.D., Wolfrum, B.L., Lemay, S.G. Analytical Chemistry 81, 8203 (2009).
- “A microfluidic detection system based upon a surface immobilized biobarcode assay,” Goluch, E.D., Stoeva, S.I., Lee, J.-S., Shaikh, K.A., Mirkin, C.A., Liu, C. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 24, 2397 (2009).
- “Microfluidic patterning of Nanodisc lipid bilayers and multiplexed analysis of protein interaction,” Goluch, E.D., Shaw, A.W., Sligar, S., Liu, C. Lab-on-a-Chip 8, 1723 (2008).
- “A bio-barcode assay for on-chip attomolar-sensitivity protein detection,” Goluch, E.D., Nam, J.M., Georganopoulou, D.G., Chiesl, T.N. Shaikh, K.A., Ryu, K.S., Barron, A.E., Mirkin, C.A., Liu, C. Lab-on-a-Chip 6, 1293 (2006).
- “A modular microfluidic architecture for integrated biochemical analysis,” Shaikh, K.A., Ryu, K.S., Goluch, E.D., Nam, J.-M., Liu, J., Thaxton, C.S., Chiesl, T.N., Barron, A.E., Lu, Y., Mirkin, C.A., Liu, C. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 102, 9745 (2005).
- “A microfluidic method for in-situ deposition and precision patterning of thin-film metal on curved surfaces,” Goluch, E.D., Shaikh, K.A., Ryu, K.S., Chen, J., Engel, J.M., Liu, C. Applied Physics Letters 85, 3629 (2004).