ChE Associate Professor Edgar Goluch created the company QSM Diagnostics to help diagnose bacterial infections in animals quickly which would allow for faster treatments.
You are here
- BS (Chemical Engineering) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2003
- MS (Mechanical Engineering) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2005
- PhD (Bioengineering) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2007
- N.S.F. Postdoctoral Fellow Delft University of Technology, NL, 2008-2010
- 2017 Outstanding Translational Research Award
- J. Sun, N. Tandogan, A.Z. Gu, S. Müftü, E.D. Goluch, K.T. Wan, Quantification of Colloidal Filtration of Polystyrene Micro-Particles on Glass Substrate Using a Microfluidic Device, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 165, 2018, 381-387
- C.R. Santiveri, H.J. Sismaet, M. Kimani, E.D. Goluch, Electrochemical Detection of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa in Polymicrobial Environments, ChemistrySelect, 3(11), 2018 2926-2930
- H.J. Sismaet, E.D. Goluch, Electrochemical Probes of Microbial Community Behavior Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry, 2018
- P.N. Abadian, P.J. Buch, E.D. Goluch, J. Li, Z. Zhang, Real-Time Monitoring of Urinary Encrustation Using a Quartz Crystal Microbalance, Analytical chemistry 90 (3), 2018, 1531-1535
- E.D. Goluch, Microbial Identification Using Electrochemical Detection of Metabolites, Trends in Biotechnology, 35(12), 2017, 1125-1128
- H.J. Sismaet, A.J. Pinto, E.D. Goluch, Electrochemical Sensors for Identifying Pyocyanin Production in Clinical Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Isolates, Biosensors and Bioelectronics 97, 2017, 65-69
- N. Tandogan, P.N. Abadian, B. Huo, E.D. Goluch, Characterization of Bacterial Adhesion and Biofilm Formation, Antimicrobial Coatings and Modifications on Medical Devices, 2017, 67-95
Joined the Chemical Engineering Department in Fall 2010.
The primary focus of our research is the development of detection strategies that are tailored for the micro and nanoscale, with emphasis on biological systems. We work at size scales ranging from single molecules to single cells. Applications of this research range from personalized medicine to environmental monitoring. We also have expertise in electrochemistry and fabrication of integrated microfluidic systems.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Research Scientist at the Wyss Institute and current ChE graduate student Daniel Wiegand's research was featured in the ACS Synthetic Biology article "Establishing a Cell-Free Vibrio natriegens Expression System" for using super fold GFP as a read-out for tweaking a multitude of parameters in order to retain sustained protein expression in the cell-free reaction over a long period of time.
ChE Associate Professor Ed Goluch was featured in the Northeastern Magazine's article "Faster, Cheaper, Better" for taking an idea of an early infection detection system and bringing it...