Northeastern had the highest number of presentations by faculty and students ever at the World Biomaterials Congress held in Montreal from May 17-22, 2016.
You are here
- MBA (1980), University of Minnesota, Business Administration
- PhD (1965), University of Minnesota, Organic Chemistry
- BS (1962), University of Delaware, Chemistry
- 2013 University of Minnesota "Outstanding Alumni Award"
- 2012 C. William Hall Award, Society for Biomaterials
- 2012 Founders Award, Society for Biomaterials
- 2012 "Pierre M. Galletti Award," American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering
- 2011 American Chemical Society Fellow
- 2010 Induction on the University of Delaware "Wall of Fame"
- 2009 Elected Member, National Academy of Engineering
- 2008 Biomaterials Science and Engineering Fellow
- 2008 Recognized as one of "100 Notable People in the Medical Device Industry" by MD&DI magazine
- 2007 Innovation and Technology Development Award of the Society for Biomaterials
- 1998 American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering Fellow
- American Chemical Society, Fellow
- American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, Fellow
- Biomaterials Science and Engineering, Fellow
- European Society for Biomaterials, Member
- International Society for Applied Cardiovascular Biology, Member
- International Society of Cardiovascular Medicine and Science, Member
- Materials Research Society, Member
- National Academy of Engineering, Elected Member
- Society for Biomaterials, U.S.A., Member
- Tissue Engineering Society, North America, Member
- A. Coury, Forces and Imperatives in Translating Medical Concepts to the Marketplace, BE 502 “From Lab Bench to Marketplace” Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, 2013
- A. Coury, Issues in Translation of Advanced Composites from the Bench to the Medical Marketplace, MRS Conference, Boston, MA, 2013
- A. Coury, Progress in the Prevention of Tissue Adhesions, Tenth International Symposium on Frontiers in Biomedical Polymers, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 2013
- A. Coury, Organic Chemistry: Passport to a “Hybrid” Career, Presentation to Department of Chemistry, University of Minnesota, upon Receipt of Distinguished Alumni Award, 2013
- A. Coury, Technology, Service and Bucking Convention: A Prescription for a Rewarding Biomaterials Career, Transactions of Society for Biomaterials, 2(3), 101S-110S, in conjunction with receipt of 2013 C. William Hall Award, Boston, MA, 2013
- A. Coury, P. Jarrett, Tissue Adhesives and Sealants for Surgical Applications, in Joining and Assembly of Medical Materials and Devices, Edited by Y.N. Zhou and M.D. Breyen (Woodhead Publishing Limited), 2013, 449-490
- A. Coury, Tissue Engineering: Scope, Products, and Commercialization Strategies, Chapter 17, Scaffolds for Tissue Engineering: Biological Design, Materials, and Fabrication, Edited by Claudio Migliaresi and Antonella Motta, CRC Press (Taylor & Francis), 2014, 614-625
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
ChE Professor Art Coury has made several trips to China in the past few years to setup biomaterial/bioengineering collaborations.
Chemical engineering has a record number of presenters at the 4th Annual Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society (TERMIS) World Congress which will be held in Boston, with...