ChE affiliated faculty member, Dr. Mrityunjay Singh, will be honored at the 42nd International Conference and Exposition on Advanced Ceramics and Composites for “his long-term and outstanding contributions to science and technology of advanced ceramic materials and technologies, as well as his tireless efforts in mentoring students and young professionals, promoting and developing human network and collaborations among the materials community worldwide.”
You are here
- MBA (1980), University of Minnesota, Business Administration
- PhD (1965), University of Minnesota, Organic Chemistry
- BS (1962), University of Delaware, Chemistry
- 2013 University of Minnesota "Outstanding Alumni Award"
- 2012 C. William Hall Award, Society for Biomaterials
- 2012 Founders Award, Society for Biomaterials
- 2012 "Pierre M. Galletti Award," American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering
- 2011 American Chemical Society Fellow
- 2010 Induction on the University of Delaware "Wall of Fame"
- 2009 Elected Member, National Academy of Engineering
- 2008 Biomaterials Science and Engineering Fellow
- 2008 Recognized as one of "100 Notable People in the Medical Device Industry" by MD&DI magazine
- 2007 Innovation and Technology Development Award of the Society for Biomaterials
- 1998 American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering Fellow
- American Chemical Society, Fellow
- American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, Fellow
- Biomaterials Science and Engineering, Fellow
- European Society for Biomaterials, Member
- International Society for Applied Cardiovascular Biology, Member
- International Society of Cardiovascular Medicine and Science, Member
- Materials Research Society, Member
- National Academy of Engineering, Elected Member
- Society for Biomaterials, U.S.A., Member
- Tissue Engineering Society, North America, Member
- A. Coury, Forces and Imperatives in Translating Medical Concepts to the Marketplace, BE 502 “From Lab Bench to Marketplace” Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, 2013
- A. Coury, Issues in Translation of Advanced Composites from the Bench to the Medical Marketplace, MRS Conference, Boston, MA, 2013
- A. Coury, Progress in the Prevention of Tissue Adhesions, Tenth International Symposium on Frontiers in Biomedical Polymers, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 2013
- A. Coury, Organic Chemistry: Passport to a “Hybrid” Career, Presentation to Department of Chemistry, University of Minnesota, upon Receipt of Distinguished Alumni Award, 2013
- A. Coury, Technology, Service and Bucking Convention: A Prescription for a Rewarding Biomaterials Career, Transactions of Society for Biomaterials, 2(3), 101S-110S, in conjunction with receipt of 2013 C. William Hall Award, Boston, MA, 2013
- A. Coury, P. Jarrett, Tissue Adhesives and Sealants for Surgical Applications, in Joining and Assembly of Medical Materials and Devices, Edited by Y.N. Zhou and M.D. Breyen (Woodhead Publishing Limited), 2013, 449-490
- A. Coury, Tissue Engineering: Scope, Products, and Commercialization Strategies, Chapter 17, Scaffolds for Tissue Engineering: Biological Design, Materials, and Fabrication, Edited by Claudio Migliaresi and Antonella Motta, CRC Press (Taylor & Francis), 2014, 614-625
Joined the Chemical Engineering Department in Spring 2014.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
ChE Professor Art Coury will speak at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD today. His Destinguished Speaker presentation is entitled, "Medical Product Translation: Concept to Market and...
ChE Professor Art Coury gave a talk at the University of California, Riverside yesterday as part of the Distinguished Lecture Series Presentation to Biomedical Engineering Department. Coury's...