Chemical engineering has a record number of presenters at the 4th Annual Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society (TERMIS) World Congress which will be held in Boston, with...
You are here
- MBA (1980), University of Minnesota, Business Administration
- PhD (1965), University of Minnesota, Organic Chemistry
- BS (1962), University of Delaware, Chemistry
- 2013 University of Minnesota "Outstanding Alumni Award"
- 2012 C. William Hall Award, Society for Biomaterials
- 2012 Founders Award, Society for Biomaterials
- 2012 "Pierre M. Galletti Award," American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering
- 2011 American Chemical Society Fellow
- 2010 Induction on the University of Delaware "Wall of Fame"
- 2009 Elected Member, National Academy of Engineering
- 2008 Biomaterials Science and Engineering Fellow
- 2008 Recognized as one of "100 Notable People in the Medical Device Industry" by MD&DI magazine
- 2007 Innovation and Technology Development Award of the Society for Biomaterials
- 1998 American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering Fellow
- American Chemical Society, Fellow
- American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, Fellow
- Biomaterials Science and Engineering, Fellow
- European Society for Biomaterials, Member
- International Society for Applied Cardiovascular Biology, Member
- International Society of Cardiovascular Medicine and Science, Member
- Materials Research Society, Member
- National Academy of Engineering, Elected Member
- Society for Biomaterials, U.S.A., Member
- Tissue Engineering Society, North America, Member
- "Issues in Translation of Advanced Composites from the Bench to the Medical Marketplace," Arthur J. Coury, PhD, Abstract for Fall MRS Conference, Boston, MA, December 2, 2013.
- "Progress in the Prevention of Tissue Adhesions," Art Coury, Tenth International Symposium on. Frontiers in Biomedical Polymers, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, June 3, 2013.
- "Organic Chemistry: Passport to a "Hybrid" Career," Art Coury, Presentation to Department of Chemistry, University of Minnesota, upon Receipt of Distinguished Alumni Award, May 10, 2013.
- "Technology, Service and Bucking Convention: A Prescription for a Rewarding Biomaterials Career," Arthur J. Coury, Transactions of Society for Biomaterials, in conjunction with receipt of 2013 C. William Hall Award, Boston, MA, April 10-13, 2013
- "Forces and Imperatives in Translating Medical Concepts to the Marketplace," Art Coury, PhD, Coury Consulting Services, BE 502 "From Lab Bench to Marketplace" Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, February 27, 2013.
- "Translating Academic Concepts to Medical Products: Imperatives and Lessons Learned," Art Coury, Presentation to Cardiovascular Research Unit, Chris Barnard Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of South Africa, Cape Town, SA, February 4, 2013.
- "Biomaterials: Status and Prospects," Art Coury, Presentation to Cardiovascular Research Unit, Chris Barnard Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, SA, January 30, 2013.
- "Translating Academic Concepts to Commercial Medical Products: A Complex Academic/Industrial Partnership," Becky Bergman, Art Coury, Presentation by Becky Bergman to Biomedical Engineering Materials and Applications (BEMA), Conference: Promoting Innovation in Medical Product Development, January 9, 2013.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Polymeric biomaterials for medical products such as implantable electronic devices, hydrogel-based devices and drug delivery systemsAffiliated With
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards