The Department of Chemical Engineering is proud to announce that eight of their students have received the Northeastern University Research and Creative Endeavor Awards from the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships.
You are here
- 2009 PhD in Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University
- 2009 MS in Polymer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
- 1999 B.S. in Physics and Chemistry from University of Montpellier II, France
- American Association of Immunologists (AAI)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Materials Research Society (MRS)
- Scientific Research Society (Sigma Xi)
- Society for Biomaterials (SFB)
- O. Gsib, C. Egles, S.A. Bencherif, Fibrin: An Underrated Biopolymer for Skin Tissue Engineering, Journal of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, 2(1), 2017
- O. Chaudhuri, L. Gu, D. Klumpers, M. Darnell, S.A. Bencherif, J.C. Weaver, N. Huebsch, H. Lee, E. Lippens, G.N. Duda, D.J Mooney, Hydrogels with Tunable Stress Relaxation Regulate Stem Cell Fate and Activity, Nature Materials, 15, 2016, 326-334
- S.A. Bencherif, R.W. Sands, O. Ali, S.A. Lewin, A. Li, T. Braschler, T. Shih, D. Bhatta, G. Dranoff, D.J. Mooney, Injectable Scaffold-Based Whole Tumor Cell Vaccines, Nature Communications, 6, 2015, 7556 *Selected as research highlight by Harvard University, Biomedical Picture of the Day, and several online news articles
- O. Chaudhuri, L. Gu, D. Klumpers, M. Darnell, S.A. Bencherif, J.C. Weaver, N. Huebsch, D.J Mooney, Substrate Stress Relaxation Regulates Cell Spreading, Nature Communications, 6, 2015, 6365
- S.A. Bencherif, W.R. Sands, D. Bhatta, P. Arany, C. Verbeke, D.A. Edwards, D.J. Mooney, Injectable Preformed Scaffolds with Shape-Memory Properties, PNAS, 109(48), 2012, 19590-19595 **Selected as research highlight by Nature, Imperial College of London, Harvard University, Materials360, Biomedical Picture of the Day, Sciences & Avenir magazine, Cell Therapy News, and several online news articles
- N. Korin, M. Kanapathipillai, B.D. Matthews, M. Crescente, T. Mammoto, K. Ghosh, S. Jurek, S.A. Bencherif, D. Bhatta, A.U. Coskun, C.L. Feldman, D.D. Wagner, D.E. Ingber, Shear-activated Platelet Mimetics for Drug Targeting to Obstructed Blood Vessels, Science, 337, 2012, 738-742
Joined the Chemical Engineering Department in Fall 2016.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
ChE Assistant Professor Sidi Bencherif received the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute/Northeastern University Joint Program in Cancer Drug Development grant to study Cryogel-based tumor cell vaccines for prostate cancer.
ChE Assistant Professor Sidi A. Bencherif received funding from the Burroughs Wellcome Fund for “Cryogel-supported liver-on-a-chip for ex-vivo hepatotoxicity and anticancer drug screening”.