ChE Professor Sidi Bencherif was recognized for his recent academic achievements by President Joseph E. Aoun at the 2019 Academic Honors Convocation.
You are here
- 2009 PhD in Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University
- 2009 MS in Polymer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
- 1999 B.S. in Physics and Chemistry from University of Montpellier II, France
- American Association of Immunologists (AAI)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Materials Research Society (MRS)
- Scientific Research Society (Sigma Xi)
- Society for Biomaterials (SFB)
- A. Memic, T. Colombani, M. Rezaeeyazdi, L. Eggermont, J. Steingold, Z. Rogers, K. J. Navare, H. S. Mohammed, M. Sitkovsky, S.A. Bencherif. Latest Advances in Cryogel Technology for Biomedical Applications. Advanced Therapeutics 2019, 1800114:1–45
- O. Chaudhuri, L. Gu, D. Klumpers, M. Darnell, S.A. Bencherif, J.C. Weaver, N. Huebsch, H. Lee, E. Lippens, G.N. Duda, D.J Mooney, Hydrogels with Tunable Stress Relaxation Regulate Stem Cell Fate and Activity, Nature Materials, 15, 2016, 326-334
- S.A. Bencherif, R.W. Sands, O. Ali, S.A. Lewin, A. Li, T. Braschler, T. Shih, D. Bhatta, G. Dranoff, D.J. Mooney, Injectable Scaffold-Based Whole Tumor Cell Vaccines, Nature Communications, 6, 2015, 7556 *Selected as research highlight by Harvard University, Biomedical Picture of the Day, and several online news articles
- O. Chaudhuri, L. Gu, D. Klumpers, M. Darnell, S.A. Bencherif, J.C. Weaver, N. Huebsch, D.J Mooney, Substrate Stress Relaxation Regulates Cell Spreading, Nature Communications, 6, 2015, 6365
- S.A. Bencherif, W.R. Sands, D. Bhatta, P. Arany, C. Verbeke, D.A. Edwards, D.J. Mooney, Injectable Preformed Scaffolds with Shape-Memory Properties, PNAS, 109(48), 2012, 19590-19595 **Selected as research highlight by Nature, Imperial College of London, Harvard University, Materials360, Biomedical Picture of the Day, Sciences & Avenir magazine, Cell Therapy News, and several online news articles
- N. Korin, M. Kanapathipillai, B.D. Matthews, M. Crescente, T. Mammoto, K. Ghosh, S. Jurek, S.A. Bencherif, D. Bhatta, A.U. Coskun, C.L. Feldman, D.D. Wagner, D.E. Ingber, Shear-activated Platelet Mimetics for Drug Targeting to Obstructed Blood Vessels, Science, 337, 2012, 738-742
Joined the Chemical Engineering Department in Fall 2016.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
ChE student James Sinoimeri, E’21, was awarded the Best Poster Award at the 2019 ISPE New England Chapter Spring Conference for his project “Developing Hypoxia Inducing Cryogels for Pre-Clinical Anti-Cancer Drug Screening.”
Dr. Loek Eggermont, a postdoctoral fellow in the Bencherif lab, has received the prestigious European Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Seal of Excellence Award for his work on cryogels to re-educate immune cells.