ChE student James Sinoimeri, E’21, was awarded the Best Poster Award at the 2019 ISPE New England Chapter Spring Conference for his project “Developing Hypoxia Inducing Cryogels for Pre-Clinical Anti-Cancer Drug Screening.”
You are here
- 2009 PhD in Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University
- 2009 MS in Polymer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
- 1999 B.S. in Physics and Chemistry from University of Montpellier II, France
- American Association of Immunologists (AAI)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Materials Research Society (MRS)
- Scientific Research Society (Sigma Xi)
- Society for Biomaterials (SFB)
- O. Gsib, C. Egles, S.A. Bencherif, Fibrin: An Underrated Biopolymer for Skin Tissue Engineering, Journal of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, 2(1), 2017
- O. Chaudhuri, L. Gu, D. Klumpers, M. Darnell, S.A. Bencherif, J.C. Weaver, N. Huebsch, H. Lee, E. Lippens, G.N. Duda, D.J Mooney, Hydrogels with Tunable Stress Relaxation Regulate Stem Cell Fate and Activity, Nature Materials, 15, 2016, 326-334
- S.A. Bencherif, R.W. Sands, O. Ali, S.A. Lewin, A. Li, T. Braschler, T. Shih, D. Bhatta, G. Dranoff, D.J. Mooney, Injectable Scaffold-Based Whole Tumor Cell Vaccines, Nature Communications, 6, 2015, 7556 *Selected as research highlight by Harvard University, Biomedical Picture of the Day, and several online news articles
- O. Chaudhuri, L. Gu, D. Klumpers, M. Darnell, S.A. Bencherif, J.C. Weaver, N. Huebsch, D.J Mooney, Substrate Stress Relaxation Regulates Cell Spreading, Nature Communications, 6, 2015, 6365
- S.A. Bencherif, W.R. Sands, D. Bhatta, P. Arany, C. Verbeke, D.A. Edwards, D.J. Mooney, Injectable Preformed Scaffolds with Shape-Memory Properties, PNAS, 109(48), 2012, 19590-19595 **Selected as research highlight by Nature, Imperial College of London, Harvard University, Materials360, Biomedical Picture of the Day, Sciences & Avenir magazine, Cell Therapy News, and several online news articles
- N. Korin, M. Kanapathipillai, B.D. Matthews, M. Crescente, T. Mammoto, K. Ghosh, S. Jurek, S.A. Bencherif, D. Bhatta, A.U. Coskun, C.L. Feldman, D.D. Wagner, D.E. Ingber, Shear-activated Platelet Mimetics for Drug Targeting to Obstructed Blood Vessels, Science, 337, 2012, 738-742
Joined the Chemical Engineering Department in Fall 2016.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Dr. Loek Eggermont, a postdoctoral fellow in the Bencherif lab, has received the prestigious European Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Seal of Excellence Award for his work on cryogels to re-educate immune cells.
ChE Assistant Professor Sidi Bencherif received a $620K NSF CAREER Award for "Modulating Local Tumor Hypoxia using Cryogel Scaffolds to Regulate Dendritic Cell Function and Activity."